Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Another Bonus Pack

Another Bonus Pack
Fructis Shampoo





Like the Arm & Hammer Detergent, Fructise is giving product away. However the differences are important to note. The no-brainer is simply that they are attempting to sell more product but instead of merely being an attempt to get the short term extra sales but to build trial for the new 2 in 1 variety by banding on a travel size. This move is more expensive as you need to marry the two packages together and then shrink wrap the duo but, given that fatter margins in shampoo and the objective of getting the consumer to add yet another bottle in the shower.

Looking at the collection of shampoo in my shower I counted three different shampoos and two more bottles of conditioner. In the hall closet are a replacement bottle, a Suave dandruff shampoo that is in the on deck, and a bottle of Clairol that my college age son might want (or not). Is there really that much of a difference? Does my wife think that her hair will look like the model on TV? I will admit to anxiety about danduff flakes.

And for the travel size will I look better with Fructis 2 in 1 than with the complimentary sample in even the cheap hotels?

As the grocery shopper in my household this was one of the rare triple play of being on sale, having a coupon and a bonus pack--how could I resist.

No comments: